Over the years I have collected a small library that have served me well on the topic of homesteading.
From the bookshelf above you can see...
* Gardening Without Work by Ruth Stout
* A Full Life in a Small Place by Janice Emily Bowers
* Made From Scratch by Jenna Woginrich
* Barnheart by Jenna Woginrich
* The Dirty Life by Kristin Kimball
* Bringing It to the Table by Wendell Berry
* Storey's Guide to Raising Chickens
* Home Cheese Making by Ricki Carroll
* Homemade Pantry: 101 Foods you can stop buying and start making by Alana Chernila
* Farmstead Chef by John Ivanko and Lisa Kivirist
* Winter Harvest by Lane Morgan
* Modern Homestead by Renee Wilkinson
* Ball's Complete Book of Home Preserving by Judi Kingry and Lauren Devine
* Storey's Basic Country Skills
* The Gentle Art of Domesticity by Jane Brocket
* MaryJane's Outpost - I also have MaryJane's Journal, too.
and from my Nook books collection...
I have a few more on my Kindle and some paperback ones stashed away in a box that I have already read.
What really started this whole journey for me was this little BBC series called "Good Neighbors" or in the UK it is called "The Good Life" It is about a couple who endeavors to homestead in the suburbs in the UK. It is funny and poignant and just a lovely show! It is my very favorite Britcom.
I also have a weakness for seed catalogs...
Others not shown here...
Seeds of Change (I have even found these at Walmart!)
My favorite Desert Gardening book is this one... I also have the Month by Month edition and it is the most helpful book I have found for our part of the country.
There are also a plethora of homestead magazines and helps popping up out there.
Capper's Farmer is one I recently discovered and have enjoyed.
No gardener's reference library is complete without the legendary Farmer's Almanac. I also have the Gardener's Guide companion this year and it has been a valuable resource.
This is one of the books I am reading right now... Backyard Farming on an Acre (more or less) by Angela England
Also enjoying Made From Scratch by Jenna Woginrich.
She has a new one out I picked up on my Nook... One Woman Farm. It is not from a Christian perspective but it has lovely stories and beautiful artwork in it. I love Jenna's adventures.
Lastly, there is one book I want but have not gotten yet. It is released in a few short weeks. It is being released by a fellow blogger at Chickens in the Road and the book is titled the same.
Cannot wait to read Suzanne McMinn's adventures! You can read the first chapter for free here.
Check out her promo video, too... those goats are adorable!!!