I have several that I prefer to help me wind down. I have found, with the Lupus and Fibromyalgia symptoms I need something like Chamomile to relax me. It is more medicinal in nature for me. I do enjoy the occasional Chai or black tea varieties during daytime hours, though. I have recently ordered a box of the traditional Builder's Tea for the cooler days... if they ever arrive.
I have five reasons I use herbal tea at bedtime...
1. It clears the sinuses and hydrates them. I have allergies pretty much year round here so that steam soothes the head very well.
2. Certain teas like Chamomile and Valerian Root are great for relaxing the muscles and soothing a headache as well as aiding in better sleep.
3. Between about October and March I just want something warm before bed. It is cozy and warming to the body on those chilly nights.
4. I often need to stave off the "sweet" craving and tea does just that for me. Something warm and soothing fills my stomach without the sugar and calories before bedtime.
5. A good mint or ginger tea also settles the stomach when the most stressful of days has it in an upheaval. I take medications that upset my stomach, too, so the mint and ginger teas are a good prescription for me.
Do you have a tea habit?
Do you prefer tea over coffee?
What is your favorite tea?
For Further Reading:
Sleep Aid Drinks
Sweet Dreams Chamomile Latte (a recipe)
10 Reasons to Drink Chamomile Tea
15 Herbal Teas for Any Ailment
How to Grow Your Own Herbs for Tea
DIY Herbal Tea Bath Mix